Staycation at Hard Rock Hotel with OBC

Friday, March 28, 2014

Hello! So from the 3rd to 4th of March, my OBC clique went to RWS Hard Rock Hotel for our staycation. It cost us only around $291? That's pretty cheap. Not inclusive of breakfast though, but who cares.

DAY 1
We were supposed to meet at Vivo at 10:45 but everyone was late. LOL. I was the earliest, for once.
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.

Then when everyone had arrived, we went to Giant first to shop for tidbits because, well I know myself and I always get hungry at night. I swear, I can't go grocery shopping. I get so easily distracted. Everything looked so good and I just want to buy everything!

Oh yeah and because I didn't have a bag big enough for all my junk, I borrowed Matt's army bag. It's damn good! It's waterproof and big enough to carry everything. Just that it looks huge on me and I think if I squat, I wouldn't be able to stand up. I'd just fall on my ass. 



After our mini shopping session, we went to Long John's Silver to have brunch. I always don't know what to eat there ): And I don't know why people love eating the 'crumbs'. It's just flour to me and feels so unhealthy, LOL. 



Then, to save money (yeah, we're all pretty broke people), we decided to walk in to Sentosa Island. Luckily there were travellators along the way. But I swear the journey to the island felt like forever. And I think we went one big round. There must have been a short-cut but we were blindly following HS because she was confidently saying that she knew the way, LOL. Plus Hard Rock is the furthest hotel. *faints* And the heat was insane. Was feeling so cranky. Plus I hate it when my armpits are sweaty. But I was entertained by Nat dancing some cha-cha nonsense to the music they were playing at RWS. She's super nonsense can. Too bad I didn't get to record it. I kept cracking up whenever she did it. 

Check out HS's trolley bag btw. HAHAHAHAHAH.



Iris, you giving judgemental stare to who huhhh?




Bag filled with junk food. Nomnomnomzxzxz.


 I just can't even. . .


After miles and miles of walking, we reached. . . Sentosa Island only. 


I got pretty excited once we entered the hotel though. But I think the way we entered was pretty weird. We entered at the side where the children's room and gym was. But anyway, the interior is awesome!! It's so rocker chic. And they had celebrity clothing everywhere. Not sure if it really is their clothing or not but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

This was the lounge and lobby area. They kept playing a lot of rock songs too.


The moment I saw the lamp, I went, "Hey, that's like how people store their NTUC bags!"



Iris and Dav went to settle the checking in while Nat, HS and I nua-ed on the sofa. Did a little research and found out that someone took 3hrs to check-in -.- We ourselves took at least more than 15 mins to check-in. No idea why their checking-in process is so inefficient. Iris said that the front-desk guy was flirting with some guest also *rolls eyes* Hope they improve on that!

Behind me is the gift shop but I didn't get the chance to enter. Wouldn't have bought anything anyway because the things were sure to be expensive and I was flat broke. 

Anyway, we finally got our key. Can't remember now but I think our room was on the 5th floor? The inside of the lift was super amazeballs. There were like tiny chandeliar crystals adorning the mirrors.



This is the first thing you see the moment you step out of the lift. I think it's the same for all the lift landings. 



I must admit, I was pretty excited about the room at first, especially after seeing the lobby, but I was a bit disappointed after awhile. Yes, it looks pretty and I love the wall above the bed because it's purple and has cool pictures. But. . . it was pretty obvious that they do not clean the rooms properly. It felt dusty and the toilet shelf (at the bathing area) was pretty dirty. So disappointing. Took pictures of everything before HS checked both beds for bed bugs. LOL. We're all pretty anal about such stuff. Whenever I stay at hotels, I always feel so paranoid because I keep imagining that there's a dead body right below my bed. Yeah, I have a wild imagination. Another thing we found disappointing was that the TV claimed to have HDMI properties however upon searching the whole TV console, there was no slot for you to insert the cable, whatsoever. Called front-desk and they said the TV cannot be used for HDMI -.-

THEN WHY DOES THE SIGN ON THE TV SAY HDMI??



We were bummed about it because I prepared 2 whole thumbdrives filled with movies for us to watch throughout the night. 

The calm before the storm. Told everyone to faster take pictures before everything got messed up.



Here's another picture of my carrying the humongously spacious bag ^^

  

This is how neat the toilet was before we used it. Oh ya and did I mention?? THE TOILET HAS NO LOCKS AT ALL. There's a cubicle for peeing with a door, but there's no lock. The cubicle for showering also has a door, but there's no lock. WHUUUUUT.





There's even a little balcony area because our room is the Deluxe Room with pool view. Couldn't see much though because we were at such a low level but I could spot the now dead Battlestar Galactica!


Then Iris tried teaching us how to pirouette but it was damn fail and Nat fell and Iris panicked because she thought she sprained her ankle, LOLOL. Video has been banned for public viewing though. Too embarrassing.

And they even tried jumping onto the bed face first. HAHAHA WHY AM I FRIENDS WITH THESE PEOPLE. HALPH!


Then we all went to remove our makeup. HEHEHE.

WARNING, GRAPHIC AND SCARY PICTURES AHEAD. 
Don't judge us plzz.
Actually only HS and Dav look normal because they're the only 2 who don't bother with make-up on a frequent basis. 





We did this to prepare for our BLINDFOLD MAKEUP CHALLENGE! If you have not seen my post them yet, here they are!

Started off with Nat doing Iris's makeup. It wasn't bad at all, honestly. Lucky Iris. 

Then I did for HS and halfway through I just wanted to give up and gave her Chingay-inspired make-up.


Then HS took revenge and gave me "artsy" eyeliner *cries*


Dav did Nat's makeup and Nat ended up having insane eyeliner too.


And lastly, Iris gave Dav make-up inspired by her panda stuffed toy from Ikea, Kia. LOL.


Nat did such a good job on Iris that she looked totally normal so we decided to uglify her a bit more by adding 2 random swirls under her eyes, LOL.



Welcome to the island of misfit toys.



After removing our hideous makeup, we put on our swimsuits and headed to the pool for some swimming time, woohoo! The pool is pretty weird. It's split up into several parts. We started at the super sandy part. No idea why there's sand there -.- and it was so cold! I wanted to die.



The pool in the middle was pretty warm so we soaked there for awhile. I realised my swimming totally sucks now. Sigh. Wasted swimming lessons. I even took my survival tests until I got the Gold cert. Now, I can hardly hold my breath or do a proper freestyle ):

Tried to do a bit of a photoshoot in the water. Damn unglam can. I think Dav purposely one ): ADMIT IT DAV! ^^ wanna blackmail us right?

#YOLO!

Iris and I being judgemental. HAHAHAHA.


"COZ ERRRBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING"

I even tried to do a handstand. But. . . I suck so badly now, sigh.


*ploop*


After almost 2hrs, we decided to head back to our room to bathe and get ready for dinner because we were getting famished.


Took pictures in front of the USS globe like tourists first ^^


Then headed to Astons for dinner.


After dinner, we walked around to digest.
Saw a pretty fountain too.


And I kept searching for ice cream. Ended up in Candylicious but the ice cream there is so ex and not worth it. I ended up buying Hello Kitty jelly beans, LOL.


Then we bought ice cream from Macdonalds. Paid $1.20 for this bloody ice cream when it normally costs 70cents. WTF.


As we were walking, we saw everyone gathering in front of the fountain. They were watching it so intently, as though it was so captivating. We watched it for less than a minute before we got bored. HAHAHA.


Then, walked to see the scary Merlion, which we all agree looks pretty darn scary because it's so old and has red eyes. I never liked it. As we were walking towards it, Iris said, "We must remember that this Merlion is damn old." and suddenly I found myself taking a step back because I got scared and I felt goosebumps, LOLLLL.


"HALPH! I'M BEING STALKED BY THE MERLION!"


Anyway, after hanging out around there, we headed back to our hotel room. Feeling damn sian so we just washed up, changed into our sleeping clothes and got into bed. And it was not even 10 yet O.O

Had a good laugh at how toot Iris looked with glasses on anyway, HEHEHEHE.


This isn't her real specs. She borrowed Nat's for pictures because she really looked so different in her normal specs. Won't expose her here though, HEHEHEH.


There wasn't much on TV so we just watched The Village. HS got scared so she "slept". Iris and Dav ended up watching KDramas on their phones. And Nat fell asleep too. I fell asleep too after awhile because the show was damn bloody boring. Til now I've no idea how it ends, LOL.

Around 12 though, we started getting hyper. Nat helped Dav paste nail stickers and I asked them "Would you rather...?" questions.

So pretty right? I'm totally not good with nails stickers at all /:


HS was still sleeping so I taopok-ed her out of nowhere and she had a fright. Apparently she was about to go into a deep sleep, BAHAHAHAHAH. Too bad.

After that, we felt sian again so we ate our snacks and went to sleep.

Day 2
I was awoken by HS's voice in the morning and apparently I wasn't the only one. I opened one eye and saw Nat open her eye too HAHAHAHA. This HS really damn loud-hailer can. Anyway we all got up one by one to get ready to check out. Only Iris and I had baths. Sigh, I have such filthy friends *stares judgementally* I cannot not bathe when I'm about to go out.

Checked out then we went to Macdonalds for breakfast. Ordered the cheapest thing I saw. And the guy gave me a free hashbrown. I don't like hashbrowns though so HS ate it, LOL.

Then Nat told us a scary story which resulted in Dav screaming damn loudly ): we all had a fright from her scream and everyone turned to stare at us. Damn embarrassing can.

Then poor Iris was telling us about how she didn't sleep the whole night because she was sandwiched in between Dav and HS. Dav kept snoring and HS kept wacking her. So poor thing hahaha. She should have shared the bed with Nat and I. Both of us slept so peacefully. LOL.

Then we took the shuttle service back to Vivo, walked around for a bit then went our separate ways home.

Felt so shagged when I reached home that I had a 3hr nap.

Can't wait to have another staycation. Not gonna have it here at Hard Rock again though.

And we need to rethink what activities to do if there's no HDMI again and about our sleeping arrangements. LOL. We all agreed that if our stay was longer than 2 nights, we'd all start fighting with each other.


Okay, bye!

ADIOS AMIGOS.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe