OBC Unite! + The Drinking Market

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hi hi. It's been ages since The Official Bitch Club met up. I think the last time I saw them was during exams in March? And they've seen each other during graduation. LOL.

Iris, Nat and I have met up a few times since but not with Dav and HS.

So we finally decided to make ourselves free and meet up last Friday. Initially, Nat, Iris and I got mixed up with the dates and thought we were meeting up the week before, HAHAHAHA.

Y WE SO BLUR.

Anyway, we felt like eating Thai food so I made reservations for us at The Drinking Market. If you're familiar with that area, you'd know that is was formerly known as Mama Jane and they also have 2 other outlets, Jane Thai, at Orchard Towers and Bedok.


So we decided to order some dishes to share:
Crispy Pork Collar ($10)
Heard a few people raving about it and was recommended to try it a few times. Finally tried it and I wasn't disappointed at all. It's crispy and juicy at the same time. There's also a special sauce to dip it in.

Yummzzz ttm!



Tom Yam Red Seafood Soup ($15)
Ordered this because apparently it's less spicy compared to the clear version? There was more than enough for each of us to have a second helping.

And honestly. . . this tasted better than all the tom yam soups I've had in Thailand.
Thumbs up.



Chicken Wings in Red Wine Sauce (6 pieces) ($9)
This. Is. My. Fav.
2nd time eating this and oh my, I still love it. I think about it sometimes. The sauce tastes like sweet and sour sauce and oh my, super yummy!

You must taste it to see how amazing it is.



And for individual dishes:
Pad Thai ($6.50)
(didn't take a picture of it)


Pineapple Fried Rice ($6.50)



Basil Pork Rice ($7.50)

I had this. Super yummy but super spicy for me. I'm someone who cannot take spicy food. Should have requested for it to come without chilli but I forgot.

Nonetheless it was still super yummy!



I also ordered my ultimate fav Thai Iced Milk Tea.
It's not as sweet as the ones they have in Thailand but the taste is there.


You can check out their full menu here. Honestly, everything on the menu is super yummy. You can pick anything blindfolded and you wouldn't be disappointed.

They also have a wide range of beers and ciders and their beer on tap is Kirin. They've also recently brought in liquor so yeah, this can be your new hangout place. Go check it out. It's pretty chill and the ambience is good, especially at night when they off the main lights and just the fairy lights are on.

The food was so yummy and we felt so bloated after but of course, there's always room for dessert!

They currently only have 5 flavours - Dark Chocolate, Sea Salt Malt, Biscuitini (?), Mango Lassi and Lychee Lime. But I think they'll be changing the flavours around and maybe adding more. The ice creams aren't that nice but I guess it's selleable? It's not made by them anyway.



The Drinking Market
226 East Coast Road
Daily: 1130 - 2300 (kitchen closed on Mondays)


After that, we waddled our way to I12 to slack and gossip somemore and camwhore more at the playground upstairs. LOL. It's just what we do best *shrugs*




Hope we can meet up again soon! But of course everyone is super busy with their own lives. I think we'll be having a staycation again *crosses fingers*

It's amazing that we haven't met in so long but when we meet, it's like time hasn't past and we can still talk about the same crap. LOL.

In the meantime, good luck in what y'all are doing! Don't give up! We'll all be there for each other no matter what.

Saranghae <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe